Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about Mosie and fertility in general.
Who should use Mosie?
Mosie is meant to be used by anyone looking for an alternative to sexual intercourse for insemination.
How is Mosie different from standard syringes?
Unlike a standard syringe, Mosie was designed specifically with conception in mind:
- It’s about the size of a tampon, so it’s more comfortable and familiar.
- Everything is rounded, so no harsh edges.
- The slotted tip, designed with semen transfer in mind, improves the flow and spread of semen.
- Mosie's rounded rubber stopper ensures maximum semen expulsion.
- The length of Mosie is ideal for getting sperm to the cervix
How do I use Mosie?
We’ve designed Mosie to be easy to use in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Take a look at our instructions for use that come with every Mosie package.
When should I use Mosie during my ovulation cycle?
Mosie is most effective when used within 12 hours of the first sign of ovulation. Here’s how to tell when you’re ovulating.
How many times should I use Mosie while ovulating?
We recommend using both Mosie syringes included in your box during one cycle. Use the first within 12 hours of the first sign of ovulation, and the second (with a new sample) within 18–36 hours of the first sign of ovulation. For more ways to increase Mosie’s effectiveness, check out Mosie Tips & Tricks.
How do I know when I’m ovulating?
For the best accuracy, we recommend a two-part approach:
- Closely monitor your cervix for the initial signs of ovulation, which you can find in our Fertility Articles.
- At the same time, use an ovulation predictor kit to confirm that ovulation is approaching.
Can I use Mosie by myself?
Yes. Mosie is designed to be used by oneself but you're welcome to do whatever you like in the comfort of your home.